Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Journal 7: Reflection

I find personal learning networks to be rather intuitive, it makes sense that you need a group to learn from and to expand on your educational techniques--often the things we learn and remember best are from group experiences or emotional experiences. 

I created an account with www.Edutopia.com however it only took me a few sessions of perusing it to realize that it was not going to be as beneficial to me as I had hoped it would.  It is geared more towards K-12.  Although not pertinent to my life, I can see how this would be an amazing source for other teachers.

I find I get most of my PLN information via my Old Reader (www.theoldreader.com) RSS feed.  I subscribe to many Medical Education, Free Open Access Medical-Education, or FOAMed, sites. These websites not only provide educational materials but also ideas on how to teach. 

I follow many Emergency Medicine Educational "Celebrities" on twitter--again this is mostly for my own education and not yet for teaching purposes. 

These resources have shown me how easy it can be to distribute education--although it is difficulty to constantly be coming up with new posts and it takes time to makes these posts. I will likely incorporate blogging and twitter into teaching EM Residents, I find these methods easy to learn from, quick and on the go, which is helpful in this field. 

Q1: How will you incorporate what you have learned into your teachings?
A1: I have so many ideas, we already have a twitter fact feed, I would love to make a website for teaching with an additional blog!

Q2:Do you believe it will be easy to incorporate this into your teachings?
A2:I think finding the tim will be the hardest part for me! I think EM residents will respond well to on the go teaching but finding time to put it all together will be the hard part for me!

...

This is a Pavlova. It is a delicious Meringue topped with fresh whipped cream and fresh berries. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Who are some of these emergency medical educational "celebrities?" That sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete