Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Journal 4: CRIC Website


·       Site title – www.cricothyrotomy.com CRIC: The Cost-effective Realistic Interactive Cricothyrotomy
·       Developer – Alisa Wray, MD. I will likely also work with a few co-workers, Dr Shannon Tooney, Dr Eric McCoy and my husband John Ray for content.
·       Rational or focus – Emergency cricothyrotomy is a critical high risk, low frequency procedure that may mean the difference between life and death in those patients whom it is performed on. It is estimated that approximately 0.5 to 2.5 per 10,0000 patient intubated in the Emergency Department will require a surgical airway such as a cricothyrotomy; this means that nearly half of all Emergency Medicine residents will never see a cricothyrotomy during their training, and less than one quarter will perform one. For this reason physicians use simulation models and task trainers to teach the cricothyrotomy. High-fidelity simulation models, animal cadavers or human cadavers offer a realistic approach to the procedure, however they are often expensive and do not replicate the profuse bleeding often encountered when performing a cricothyrotomy. Many others have created simple, easy to make airway models for training in emergency cricothyrotomy. My aim is to expand on these existing models, and to create a “Cost-effective Realistic Interactive Cricothyrotomy” (CRIC) Model, that has a low cost production value, and is easy to make with commercially available products, but also recreates the reality of the anatomy of a cricothyrotomy including bleeding. The goal for my website is to offer a place to give instructions on how to create this CRIC Model so that other programs can have increased options on how to teach and train for this procedure.
·       Main features outline –
o   Main Page
o   How to perform a Cricothyrotomy
o   How to make a CRIC
o   Where to buy Materials
o   About Us
·       Content –
o   Main Page: This page will likely be simple with the rational behind the CRIC and a photo of our CRIC model.  It will also have the links to the other pages/content.
o   How to perform a Criothyrotomy: This page will have the basic information on why and how to performing a cric as well as links or imbedded videos to watch.
o   How to make a CRIC Model: This page will be step by step photo directions on how to make our CRIC model
o   Where to buy materials: This will have links to specific items on popular websites (likely Amazon) to make for easier purchasing.
o   About Us: Will contain short Bios of those involved in the creation of the CRIC Model
·       Target audience – Physicians, Medical Students, Nurses, Paramedics and Military Personal
·       Design considerations – I wan my website to have a clean, modern look and educational look to it, but I do also want it to be fun. I will likely go with bright colors such as yellow and blue, as well as a simple design so that I don’t end up making it too cluttered.
·       Limiting factors - I have the medicine side of this down, as well as the creation of the CRIC model. The hardest part for me will be that web design is new to me, and this will be my first big web design project. I think ultimately I will have bigger expectations than I can meet and will have to keep both my own knowledge of web design and the time frame I have to complete this in mind.

A Site Map 


A wire frame 

1 comment:

  1. Your website seems like it is going to be very useful for the population that you are targeting.

    ReplyDelete